Musings on Food and Life

Musings on Food & Life


Food is my passion. I create, read, write, breath, eat, photograph, love and live food. As a chef and culinary instructor, each day is a quest to learn something new about a food ingredient, recipe, history, or fact about all things edible. Three silly dogs share my passion for eating and I'm blessed to be married to my best friend Tracy. Tune in for my thoughts on food, recipes, dogs, travel, music and life.



Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome May!






May is a busy month for most folks with graduations, parties, the end of the school year, and Memorial Day holiday weekend, the official start of summer fun. Personally I'm excited about seeing my neighbors at our local pool, enjoying the sun and fellowship there. I had two really fun events for friends and neighbors this month that included buffet-style meals. Nothing like seeing a very sweet one-year-old boy with his chocolate birthday cupcake, icing in his hair and everywhere! And seeing a family decorate their lovely deck and yard to celebrate two very special graduates. Food really does make these events memorable.

Some of the dishes served at these events were black bean hummus with roasted red peppers, spicy feta dip, turkey sliders, spicy cilantro shrimp with Asian dipping sauce, marinated flank steak with salsa and tortillas, zucchini, corn and herb pasta salad, and Greek village salad. The key to any great buffet is an array of different colors, flavors, textures, and temperatures of the dishes.


At formal or informal gatherings, the food always brings guests together and creates great memories. Enjoy your picnics this Memorial Day in celebration of those who serve and have served in our military. May your food be fun, tasty and memorable!






1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous Rosemary! Is this the shrimp dish that you told me about?

    ReplyDelete