Musings on Food and Life

Musings on Food & Life


Food is my passion. I create, read, write, breath, eat, photograph, love and live food. As a chef and culinary instructor, each day is a quest to learn something new about a food ingredient, recipe, history, or fact about all things edible. Three silly dogs share my passion for eating and I'm blessed to be married to my best friend Tracy. Tune in for my thoughts on food, recipes, dogs, travel, music and life.



Friday, September 3, 2010

Fruits of My Labor

This weekend is Labor Day. The end of summer fun. The start of school and football season. The lazy hot, humid days of Hotlanta's summer will soon be replaced by crisp, comfortable Fall mornings and beautiful days with blue skies. But what is Labor Day? It was first celebrated on Septemeber 5, 1882. Many web references say that Labor Day was to celebrate the strength and spirit of trade and labor organizations. Today it is more about rest and fun, a long weekend with the last dives at the swimming pool and having a cook out or barbeque with your friends.

I think that on this Labor Day, I will reflect on and be thankful for the work that I do. God gave me a passion for food and serving others through it. He also gave me a way to change careers, attend culinary school, and start my own business. With so many folks unable to make ends meet and/or find jobs, I am truly thankful for my vocation. I don't know who originally said it, but if you do what you love, you will love what you do. So true. This Labor Day, be thankful for your passions and if they are your labor as well, realize that you are blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment